The money which we spend on the groceries have doubled and tripled over the last few years. Therefore, it is very important for us to do our grocery shopping smartly. In this article we will provide you with the information to help you with your healthy weight loss plans along with saving you money at the same time.
Many people are of the misconception that shopping for healthy food is more expensive. With proper informed choices, you can actually save money while purchasing the healthy food. Healthy food is the core component of any weight loss program.
The belief about healthy food being expensive is absolutely not true. With a little bit of planning you can save considering amount of money with the groceries which you use and take care of your health simultaniously.
Although experts recommend a long list of necessary tips to grocery shop for health and saving money, 10 most important tips are as follows: –
1) Plan: Make a detailed shopping list before you hit the grocery shop. If you want to experience positive results in your healthy weight loss regime, planning is extremely necessary. You will not be buying the temptation foods by doing so. Strictly go by the shopping list and make all the purchases accordingly. This alone saves a lot of money as it stops impulse purchases. Also shop only once a week with your menus planned out, that way you have what you need and you have not bought junk foods to tempt you.
2) Utilize the sales and offers: You might need to make some extra space in your kitchen cabinet for the sales items when you get good deals. It is a good idea to stock up healthy food when you get them on good offers. If these are the foods you use on your nutritional program, then purchases make sense.
3) Eat before you shop: It may sound a little funny but if you are hungry, you tend to buy a lot of unnecessary things. You could eat low calorie food before leaving for supplies in order to stop that kind of craving. This is a big must for success.
4) Buy low calorie food: You'll need to make a list of low calorie food and snacks that keep you on program, healthy and satisfied.
5) Pack your lunch for their offices: You can cook at home or use the leftovers for lunch in your office instead of buying from the cafeteria. This is a perfect example for eating healthy food and saving money at the same time. Over time you lose a lot of weight and save money you can use elsewhere.
6) Think of fresh foods whenever possible: Buying once a week, organic if possible, fresh fruits and vegetables will lead to healthier eating. Try to buy local grown when possible. Yes, canned and frozen foods are cheaper than fresh ones but when available much more healthy and tasty too. NO preservatives and unneeded chemicals, especially salts.
7) Go green: You can eat vegetarian food once in a week and save the money that you spend on meat, fish and poultry. You may add beans, legumes, tofu, and eggs, etc to save some money and eat unhealthy. Beans and Rice added to your diet are a wise choice. Homemade enchiladas with bean, rice, small amount of cheese and sauce make a mighty good dinner.
8) Grow your own vegetables: you could grow your own vegetables, for example nice red tomatoes and green salad makings in your backyard. You may also consider freezing your own produce and enjoy nature's bounty for a longer time. Not only will you be saving money and eating healthy weight loss foods, you will also be doing some physical activity while taking care of your garden. Physical activities are always the essential ingredients of healthy weight loss.
9) Go for whole grain food: Whole grain bread although not as inexpensive as white bread, is a lot healthier choice of and carries fewer calories with more fiber. Recently I discovered help bread in the food co-op, it makes wonderful toast for example.
10) Avoid junk food shopping: Avoid the going to the junk food section which will affect your weight loss program. There are chances of you getting taken away by looking at the mouth watering unhealthy food. Bottom line, just do not go there!
There are plenty of plans which can help you to maintain your health and save money at the same time. One of the simple things which you can do for yourself is walk to the grocery shop instead of taking your car or if it is far away you can park your car far away from the door. There are so many healthy weight loss tips; just do a Google search and you will have both support and information at your hands. Beware of hucksters selling programs and quick fixes of unknown products. Work from knowledge, not despair.