If you own a small business (that's not solely internet-based), you should always be on the lookout for ways to grow sales. Whether you're focused on marketing a product, a series of product groups, or services of any kind, here are 23 ideas to stimulate your thoughts for generating more revenue:
1. Sell a product one-by-one.
2. Sell similar products packaged together.
3. Sell a "license" to use your product for a defined time period.
4. Sell a "subscription" to your product for a defined time period.
5. Sell a flat weekly- or monthly-fee service.
6. Sell relevant advertising space on your products, in your catalogs, or on your company vehicles.
7. Sell digital information for download.
8. Sell products one-by-one, but on an automatic replenishment schedule.
9. Sell some or all items on a minimum-purchase basis.
10. Sell discounts to others' products or services.
11. Package your products or services with another company's similar offers.
12. Sell someone else's stuff.
13. Sell refurbished or used versions of your products and services.
14. Allow others to resell or co-market your products and services.
15. Sell a disposable version of one of your products.
16. Lease your product (s) for a defined time period.
17. Sell time: bill by-the-hour for a service related to the products you sell.
18. Sell your products in smaller packaged quantities (if typically 25 / per …, sell 10 / per at higher profit margin).
19. Sell your products in larger packaged quantities.
20. Sell your products on your website.
21. Sell your products on multiple, targeted websites focused on individual product groups and customer solutions.
22. Sell access to a seminar where you educate customers about your industry and the solutions you provide.
23. Sell training on your or others' products.
Of course, this list is just a start. With expertise in your field, think of ways you can separate yourself from your competitors by providing products and services in a manner uncommon in your industry.